Formation of propylene glycol
Ensures a rumen-friendly fermentation profile
Protection against reheating
Our premium inoculant, BONSILAGE FIT, ensures a reliable fermentation process for grass / clover grass, whole plant corn, sorghum, and small grain silages. After a rapid pH drop, the high number of Lb. buchneri ensures the controlled formation of acetic acid, which provides a maximum level of protection against reheating. BONSILAGE FIT improves the digestibility and energy density of the forage. It also releases significant amounts of propylene glycol, which has been shown to benefit cow health, especially in early lactation.
Find detailed product information below.
- Special adjusted acid fermentation pattern of lactic acid, acetic acid and propylene glycol supports metabolism and cow fitness.
- Lb. plantarum and Pc. pentosaceus quickly lower the pH level by producing lactic acid in the front end fermentation cycle
- Lb. buchneri produces propylene glycol, which acts as a glucogenic precursor helping prevent Ketosis in cows
- Controlled acetic acid formation of Lb. buchneri inhibits yeast and molds, reducing the risk of reheating and shrinkage during feeding.
Biological and water soluble silage additive
At least 300,000 CFU/g fresh matter (FM) of forage
- Grass Silage: 30-50% DM
- Clover Grass Silage: 30-50% DM
- Corn and Sorghum Silage: 28-45% DM
- Small Grain Silage: 28-45% DM
Selected strains of homo- and heterofermentative lactic acid bacteria.
Lactobacillus buchneri, Pediococcus pentosaceus and Lactobacillus plantarum, dextrose
Lactic acid bacteria not less than 3.00 x 10¹¹ CFU/g product
In conjunction with ISF and our Gut Hülsenberg agricultural research facility, we conduct extensive on-farm research and feeding trials to ensure the highest level of performance from BONSILAGE products. Research trials show that BONSILAGE FIT produces much more propylene glycol (1,2-PD) in the silage when compared to untreated silage. It also raises the level of acetic acid, which extends the time silage can be used by protecting it from molds and yeasts.