Ensures aerobic stability after just a few days of fermentation
High palatability and digestibility
Proactive suppression of yeast and mold
Our premium inoculant BONSILAGE SPEED ensures a reliable fermentation process for whole plant corn, sorghum, temperate grass and small grain silages as well as high moisture corn and snaplage. After a rapid pH drop, Lb. diolivorans ensures the controlled and rapid formation of acetic acid, which provides a maximum level of protection against reheating. BONSILAGE SPEED improves the digestibility and energy density of the forage. The fast acetic acid formation results in aerobically stable silages after only a few days of fermentation.
Find detailed product information below.
- Lb. rhamnosus quickly lowers the pH level by producing lactic acid in the beginning of the fermentation cycle
- Lb. diolivorans rapidly releases acetic acid to inhibit yeast and mold, which reduces the risk of reheating and the shrinkage that can occur during feed out
- Due to the rapid release of acetic acid from Lb. diolivorans silages are aerobically stable after a very short time of fermentation only
Biological and water-soluble silage additive
At least 250,000 CFU/g fresh matter (FM) of forage
- Corn and Sorghum Silage: 28-45% DM
- Small Grain Silage: 28-45% DM
- HMC/Snaplage: 50-72% DM
- Grass Silage: 30-50% DM
Selected strains of homo- and heterofermentative lactic acid bacteria
Lactobacillus diolivorans, Lactobacillus buchneri and Lactobaciullus rhamnosus, dextrose
Lactic acid bacteria not less than 2.5 x 10¹¹ CFU/g product
We conduct extensive on-farm research and feeding trials to ensure the highest level of performance from BONSILAGE products. Research trials show that BONSILAGE SPEED rapidly produces acetic acid in the silage, which lowers the number of yeast and thus the risk of reheating during feed out. Due to the unique mode of action of Lb. diolivorans silages treated with BONSILAGE SPEED reach aerobic stability after only 14 days of fermentation.